Crystalens® Aspheric Optic (AO)
What is Crystalens® AO?
Crystalens® AO is one of the more technologically advanced IOLs that Dr. Vold implants that can provide a full range of vision. Meaning, you can read, see clearly in the distance, and everything in-between, with little or no dependence on bifocals, trifocals or contact lenses for most of your activities. The Crystalens® AO is the first lens designed to mimic the movement of the eye’s natural lens. This was accomplished by creating an extremely flexible lens which allows the optic to make microscopic movements. When the eye muscles contract, the lens moves forward to focus on near objects. To go from near to intermediate vision, the muscle must slightly relax to move the lens backwards. When the muscle is totally relaxed, the lens is all the way back to allow clear distance vision. . Many Vold Vision Crystalens® AO patients hardly, if ever need their glasses after surgery.
Why we offer our patients Crystalens® AO:
- The Crystalens® AO offers significant advantages over other kinds of lens implants and corrective lenses.
- Standard (single vision) lens implants don’t have the ability to provide a full range of vision. Most people who have single vision lens implants MUST wear glasses for middle and near vision.
- The Crystalens® AO has the unique ability to focus on objects at varying distances using the eye’s natural muscle. This means the Crystalens® AO can provide sharper vision, without corrective lenses, throughout a full range of vision from near to far and everything in between.
- Crystalens® AO FDA one-year clinical study results indicate that 92% of the people enrolled in the study (implanted bilaterally) could see 20/25 or better at distance, 96% could see 20/20 at arm’s length and 73% could see 20/25 at near without glasses or contact lenses. What is more exciting is that 98% of these people could pass their drivers test, 100% could see their computer or put on their makeup, and 98% could read a magazine, all without glasses or contact lenses. Also, your ability to see at approximately arm’s length (middle vision) will be greatly enhanced with the Crystalens® AO.
- With Crystalens® AO, the quality of vision compared to wearing bifocals and/or trifocals is significantly improved. You’ll have a full range of vision, without having to tilt your head to find that portion of your glasses that allows you to see clearly. You simply look at something and the Crystalens® AO, mimicking the natural focusing ability of your eye, will automatically focus your eye at near, arm’s length, or distance.
The Crystalens® AO is one of several IOLs Dr. Vold routinely implants for patients that wish to eliminate thier dependence on glasses and contact lenses. Other advanced IOLs that can provide a full range of vision include the AcrySof IQ ReSTOR IOL and the TECNIS Multifocal Toric IOL.. The decision as to which of these life-changing lenses is best for your eye will be determined after comprehensive testing and a personal consultation with Dr. Vold.
Call us today or fill in your information on our contact form for more information or to schedule your Cataract Consultation! 479.442.8653