Meet Dr. Moser
Dr. Rebecca Moser is a certified optometrist with Vold Vision at our Fayetteville, AR main office, as well as at our Springdale Clinic and our Fayetteville Clinic. She has been a part of the eye health care field for over 17 years and specializes in performing problem-oriented examinations for pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients. Before joining Vold Vision, Dr. Moser spent valuable time working in private practices, as well as in ophthalmology practices specializing in refractive, cataract, and corneal surgery. She has also participated in two important evaluative studies conducted by Bauch & Lomb regarding the safety and effectiveness of IOLs (intraocular lenses).
Specialties and Skills
Dr. Moser practices full-scope primary eye health care, including the evaluation and treatment of anterior and posterior segment disease, glaucoma, emergent eye care, and neurological eye disease. Dr. Moser regularly sees patients for comprehensive eye exams. She also participates in the pre- and post-operative care of refractive, cataract, glaucoma, and corneal surgical patients.
Education and Training
Dr. Rebecca Moser completed her undergraduate degree in microbiology at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge where she graduated summa cum laude. She then went on to the University of Houston College of Optometry where she also graduated summa cum laude to earn her doctor of optometry degree. After obtaining her degree, she participated in two externships. At Mann Eye Institute in Humble, TX, she focused on pre- and post-operative care for cataract and refractive surgery patients and diagnosing and managing ocular disease and ocular manifestation of systemic disease. At Hopping Eye Associates in Houston, TX, she gained valuable experience with pediatric and adult comprehensive eye exams, as well as vision therapy for patients with binocular and accommodative anomalies.
Memberships and Awards
Dr. Moser been a member of several professional associations and has received multiple awards.
- Arkansas Optometric Association, 03/2014 – Present
- American Optometric Association, 08/2002 – Present
- Acadiana Optometric Society, 02/2013 – 02/2014
- Optometry Association of Louisiana, 08/2003 – 02/2014
- Harris County Optometric Society, 06/2006 – 12/2012
- Texas Optometric Association, 08/2002 – 12/2012
- University of Houston College of Optometry Excellence in Optics Award, 05/2006
- University of Houston College of Optometry Clinical Letter of Excellence, 05/2005
- University of Houston College of Optometry Clinical Letter of Excellence, 01/2005
- Beta Sigma Kappa, 03/2004 – 05/2006
- University of Houston College of Optometry Academic Dean’s List, six semesters
- Louisiana State University Academic Dean’s List, eight semesters
When Dr. Moser is not seeing patients in the office, she enjoys sailing on Beaver Lake, traveling, photography, and hiking.