Meet Dr. Dudley
Dr. James “Jim” Dudley is a certified optometrist with Vold Vision. He has been a part of the eye health care field for over 40 years serving on the local, state and national level. Dr. Dudley trained future optometrists as an adjunct professor at Hastings Indian Health Hospital and NSU college of optometry and served on the board of directors for the Arkansas Optometric Association. Dr. Dudley also worked as an optometrist serving our United States Veterans at the VA Hospital in Fayetteville, Ark. He is involved in his local community and enjoys being with his three children- one of whom is also an optometrist.
1968 Graduated: Harrison H.S., 1968 Harrison, AR.
1972 Graduated: University of Arkansas at L.R. B.A. history/economics
1973 Attended: Univ. of Arkansas Law School
1979 Graduated: University of Houston Houston, Texas Doctor of Optometry
- Employee of Houston Eye Associates, ‘78-79
- Assistant Adjunct Professor (part-time)
Department of Optometry, ophthalmology clinic, ‘84-86
Hastings Indian Health Hospital & NSU college of optometry
- Staff optometrist, VA hospital, retired 2016 Fayetteville, AR. 72701
Student Awards and Activities
- All-State in football, Harrison H.S.
- Student government vice-president at U.A.L.R., 1971-72
- President, Intrafraternity Council, 1970-71
- Phi Alpha Theta, scholastic history fraternity
- Katalia, men’s scholastic leadership fraternity
- Who’s Who in American Universities, 1971-72
- Unitarian-Universalist Church Eureka Springs, AR
President twice: ‘83-84 & ‘00-01 (& numerous other offices)
- Lions Club officer & other functions Eureka Springs, AR.
- Ozark Folk Festival Eureka Springs, AR.
Chairman 4 years in the ‘90s
- Question submitter for I.A.B. (optometry national boards)
- Lectured to paras & docs at Southwest Council of Optometry Dallas, Texas in the ‘80s
- Lectured to paras & docs at Arkansas Optometric Assc. ‘80s
- Board of directors, Arkansas Optometric Association Chaired continuing education committee several years for Arkansas Optometric Association
Arkansas Optometric Association