Meet Dr. Napier
Sharon M. Napier, MD., certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology, specializes in pediatric care and adult strabismus. Dr. Napier completed her doctorate at the University of Kentucky in Lexington, Kentucky as well as her residency and fellowship training in pediatric ophthalmology and adult strabismus. She enjoys teaching children at her church, volunteering at homeless shelters, and participating in holiday food delivery.
Specialties and Skills
For 18 years, Dr. Napier served as an assistant professor in pediatric ophthalmology and adult strabismus at the University of Kentucky in Lexington, Kentucky. During that time, she trained 15 fellows, 60 residents, and more than 100 medical students. Dr. Napier has been the recipient of the nationally recognized Top Doctor and Best Doctor Awards, and has been published in numerous peer review journals.
Education and Training
Dr. Napier graduated from the University of Kentucky in Lexington, Kentucky with a master’s in business administration and doctorate in medicine. As well as, completing her residency and fellowship training in pediatric ophthalmology and adult strabismus. Dr. Napier is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, and the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.
Memberships and Awards
- Pediatric & Adult Strabismus Fellowship
- 18-Year Tenure in a Faculty Teaching Position at University of Kentucky
- Trained 15 Fellows, 60 Residents & more than 100 Medical Students
- Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Recipient of Nationally Recognized Top Doctor Award
- Recipient of Nationally Recognized Best Doctor Award
- Master’s in Business Administration